Chelsea welcomes Liverpool to the Stamford Bridge for the fifth round of the FA Cup tonight as both teams clash in their 185th meetings across all competitions.
Both teams suffered setbacks last weekend in the league as Liverpool 44 games unbeaten run came to halt at Vicarage Road while Chelsea forced Bournemouth to 2 all draw at the Vitality Stadium.
This is the eleventh meeting between Chelsea and Liverpool in the FA Cup with Chelsea winning 6 of the last 10 meetings.
However, here are some reasons why Chelsea might suffer yet again another Liverpool defeat this season;
- Chelsea have won just one of their last six home games against Liverpool across all competitions (D2 L3), losing 1-2 earlier this season in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge
- Liverpool have won 4 of the last 10 matches against Chelsea (D4, L2)
- Chelsea have a depleted squad with Tammy Abraham (ankle), N’Golo Kante (adductor), Christian Pulisic (adductor) and Callum Hudson-Odoi (hamstring) all sidelined with injuries.
- Chelsea are yet to beat a side in the top four this season.
- Chelsea have a poor home record against big sides this season with losses to Manchester United(2x) Bayern Munich (1x), Liverpool (1x) Valencia (1x)