Check out 6 Mastercard Credit Cards with the best offers.
Credit Cards, issued by banks or other approved financial bodies allow you to borrow money for some time to pay for goods and services and there are various types.
Mastercard Credit Card, Visa Credit Card American Express, Discover, or any other one backed by either of the two are the most used and universally accepted.
In this post, we shall explore the details you need to know about the Mastercard Credit Card including benefits and how you can get one.
Unlike other electronic payment channels like Discover and American Express, Mastercard does not give or issue credit cards or debit cards to customers directly. Instead, they are issued through other financial institutions.
For instance, in Nigeria, banks like Guarantee Trust Bank, First Bank, United Bank for Africa among others work with Mastercard in issuing out debit cards to their various customers.
In the United States, Mastercard credit cards are issued by Citi or other banks like Capital One, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, and Co, Barclays Bank Delaware among others.
MasterCard Credit Cards offer quite a lot of benefits for their customers such as cashback rewards, sign-up bonuses, long zero introductory interest rates, travel rewards among others.
We have carefully selected some of the finest Mastercard Credit Cards with great benefits you can choose from.
- The Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Cash Card has a whopping 4.7/5 rating on bankrate.com. It has a 0% interest rate for the first 18 months on balance transfer. However, a variable APR of 13.99% – 23.99% will apply at the end of the 18 months based on your creditworthiness.
As a Citi Double Cash Cardholder, you will earn 2% on every purchase with an endless 1% cashback when you buy. You will also get another 1% when you pay for the items you purchased.
However, you will have to pay the minimum balance on your account on time to earn the cashback.
Other features include
- No cash back on Balance Transfer
- Balance Transfer Fee is $5 or 3% of the amount on the balance, whichever is greater.
- Interest applies on purchases when you transfer your balance to another credit card unless you pay your entire balance including balance transfer on or before the due date of each month.
- The required credit score is 700
- No annual fee
- Citi Premier Card
It has a rating of 4.6/5 on nerdwallet.com and it also has quite a lot of benefits. One of the interesting features includes zero transaction fees on foreign transactions. This means you won’t be charged when you purchase items abroad. Also, there is no limit to the number of reward points you can earn from using this card.
Other features include;
- Required credit score 690-850
- Annual fee $95
- Regular Variable APR is 15.99% – 23.99%
- 60,000 bonus points after spending at least $4,000 within the first three months of opening your account.
- You will earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels
- You will also earn 3 points for every $1 spent in Restaurants and Supermarkets.
- The 60,000 points are worth $600 worth of gift cards when you redeem at thankyou.com
- Deserve Edu Mastercard for Students
This Mastercard Credit Card is specially designed to meet the needs of students. You don’t need a social security number to apply for this card if you are an international student.
Another enticing benefit of this card is its referral program. If you refer a friend you will earn $30 upon approval, activation, and use. There is no limit to the earnings you can make from referring your friends.
No annual fee or deposit is required to obtain this card.
Other benefits include;
- One year of free Amazon Prime Student after spending $500 in the first three months of your billing cycle.
- 1% cashback on all purchases made with your card.
- No International transaction fee when you purchase items abroad
- The Edu Mastercard Credit Card App allows you to manage and track your spendings and also freeze your account.
- Cell phone protection of up to $600
- Capital One secured Mastercard Credit Card
It has a rating of 4.2 ratings on creditkarma.com. It is one of the most preferred cards for building a credit history.
To open an account, you will news to make a refundable security deposit of either $49, $99, or $200. It offers an initial credit limit of $200
Other features include;
- Reports to the three major credit bureau
- Higher credit within six months with no additional deposit deposits needed.
- No annual fees
- Mobile App to manage and track all your transactions all around the clock.
- It is accepted in millions of locations around the world.
- Citi Rewards Mastercard
The Citi Rewards card ranks high among other Mastercard Credit Cards as it comes with a handful of benefits
- 15, 000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening your account.
- $0 annual fee
- Foreign Transaction fee is 3%
- 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfer from the date of first transfer.
- Intro APR 0% APR for the first 15 months on purchases from the date of account opening; 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfer from date of first transfer.
- Regular variable APR of 13.49% – 23.49% on purchases and balance transfers.
- You will earn 2x ThankYou bonus points at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year, then 1X points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X ThankYou® points on all other purchases.
- Citi Prestige Card
This card comes with lots of rewards and exciting benefits.
- 50,000 welcome bonus points
- Regular Variable APR of 16.99% – 23.99%
- 5x ThankYou points for every $1 spent at restaurants (including cafes, bars, lounges, and fast foofast-foodants), airlines, travel agencies. You also earn 3X ThankYou Points at hotels and cruise lines; Earn 1X ThankYou Points on all other purchases.
- Annual fee of $495
- Required credit score of 750-850
- No foreign transaction fee
Mastercard Credit Cards have quite a lot of benefits depending on what you are looking to get by obtaining one. Whether you are a student, worker, or whatever you do, you will always find a Mastercard Credit Card that suits your needs or more your expectations.