The Corona Virus as at this moment, is not spreading but it is spreading really fast, maybe even faster than the speed of light.
Since the breakout of the deadly Corona virus in China,over 3,000 people have died and a large number of have been quarantined as the virus continue to spread beyond the borders of China.
In Italy according to reports, 168 people die daily and the country at the moment is on a shutdown with all flights, movements, public gatherings among other things have been put on hold.
As the Corona virus continue to spread, panic and agitations continue to spread as well and with regards to sports, most football matches are now being played behind closed doors and some high profile names have all ready contracted the virus: Juventus defender: Daniel Rugani, Uttah Jazz center: Rudy Gobert.
British junior health minister: Nadine Dorries has also tested positive to the virus.
At this point, will it not be better if all sports activities are cancelled? Here is why they should be cancelled:
- For the safety of the fans, players, coaching staffs, journalist and other staffs
- Cancelling all sports activities will help to contain the spread.
- The Virus has no cure yet
- The virus is not likely to spread if there’s restriction of movements and Sports attracts a lot of movement with the Euro 2020 in view.
- Life is far more important than any tournament or competition.