Oba Saliu Adetunji, the 41st monarch of Ibadan has died. The monarch died at the University College Hospital (UCH) on Sunday night.
Here are five quick facts about the late monarch;
- The Olubadan died at the age of 93.
- He reportedly died at the University College Hospital (UCH) in Ibadan, Oyo State.
- He was crowned the 41st Olubadan of Ibadan on March 4, 2016.
- Before he became the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Adetunji was the Balogun of Ibadan land.
- Oba Adetunji is from the Balogun ruling house, one of the two ruling houses that produces kings in Ibadan land. The other ruling house is the Egbe Agba.
The remains of the late monarch has since arrived at the palace in preparation for burial.