Joy Tongo, the former manager of Reggae/Dance Hall super star: Cynthia Morgan has put out an official statement as regards the artiste’s emotional outburst on Sunday as regards the downward slide of her career.
Cynthia Morgan in an Instagram live video chat on Sunday faulted her former management and Jude Okoye’s music label: Northside Music Limited especially for withholding her stage name, royalties and other benefits.
However, Joy Tongo has out out an official statement in response to Cynthia Morgan’s recent allegations.
Here are five key points to take note of from Joy Tongo’s statement. According to her:
- Cynthia Morgan became pompous towards the label and the Management immediately after her record hit tracks “I am Taken and German Juice”
- She performed at music shows without the consent of her Management and record label.
- She wanted to leave Northside Music Limited and form her own imprint immediately she achieved fame and she wanted Joy Tongo to help in doing that.
- Jude Okoye didn’t draft her contract but Joy Tongo did. Jude only used his letterhead and signed.
- Cynthia Morgan walked out of her contract before it expired without any legal steps by Northside Music Limited
See full details of statement here via @Postsubman 👇
– Cynthia Morgan’s Former Manager – Joy Tongo , releases an official statement. pic.twitter.com/W0EWbQMhid
— Postsubman (@Postsubman) May 25, 2020