fbpx
Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Nigeria 2 Ukraine 2: Who impressed and who disappointed...

Home Forums Football Super Eagles Nigeria 2 Ukraine 2: Who impressed and who disappointed?

Spread the love

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Olawale Agbede 5 days ago.

Nigeria 2 Ukraine 2: Who impressed and who disappointed?

• Tosin Sports
    Keymaster

Nigeria 2 Ukraine 2: Who impressed and who disappointed?

The Super Eagles of Nigeria played out a 2-2 draw with Ukraine in an international friendly encounter played on Tuesday, September 10.

After an early goal by Debutant Joe Aribo, Victor Osimhen continued his impressive form converting a penalty to score his first goal for the side a give the Super Eagles a comfortable 2-0 lead.

Two goals in just one minute from the side changed the complexion of the game as the Super Eagles held on to avoid conceding a late goal.

The attack of Osimhen, Samuel Kalu and Samuel Chukwueze all flourished before being replaced by Moses Simon, Dennis Bonaventure and debutant Josh Maja. The midfield trio of Aribo, Oghenekaro Etebo and Alex Iwobi seem very promising, while Anderson Esiti’s cameo was shaky.

It was in defense that is a cause for concern, led by stand-in captain William Troost Ekong, the Super Eagles defense looked vulnerable with Semi Ajayi by his side, Jamilu Collins and Ola Aina were exploited. Francis Uzoho, however, impressed despite conceding two goals.