fbpx
Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Ukraine 2 v 2 Nigeria; How well have the Super Eagles I...

Home Forums Football Super Eagles Ukraine 2 v 2 Nigeria; How well have the Super Eagles Improved since AFCON 2019?

Spread the love

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daud Liafeez 5 days ago.

Ukraine 2 v 2 Nigeria; How well have the Super Eagles Improved since AFCON 2019?

• Ayo Matthew
    Keymaster

The Super Eagles of Nigeria played out a 2-2 draw against Ukraine at the Dnipro Arena as they returned to action for the first time since they finished third at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Newly invited midfielder; Joe Aribo gave the Super Eagles the lead early in the first half as he talked in a square pass from Alex Iwobi. The Super Eagles were dominant in the in the early stages of the game as they searched driitge second goal and indeed it came via a penalty as Samuel Kalu was brought down in the eighteen yard box. Victor Osimhen made it 2-0 from the spot as he scored his first International goal for Nigeria.

The team continued from where they stopped in the first half as they resumed from the break but couldn’t convert their chances. The Ukaranian got back into the game as they put pressure on the Eagles’ defense. Eventually, the pressure paid off as Manchester City’s defender; Zinchenko pulled one back for the home side. Just within a twinkling of an eye, the home side equalized with less than twenty minutes to go.

It was a game of two halves as both teams put out a decent performance on the night. For Nigeria, Joe Aribo, Oghenekaro Etebo, Victor Osimhen all had a game while Zinchenko was the brightest star for the Ukaranians.

Do you think the Super Eagles have improved from their last outing at AFCON2019? Join the Conversation!

Taiwo Francis
    Participant

I was very impressed with their performance tonight against the Ukrainians. They played well. Is just the last minute lost of concentration that made the game end in a draw. Remember, they played away to a formidable side like Ukraine, coached by a legend of the game in the person of Andre Shevchenko.

Daud Liafeez
    Participant

Though the Eagles had a good outing against the Ukrainians but I’d still wait to watch these guys in the upcoming 2021 Nations Cup qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho in November before rating their improvement. The likes of Victor Osimhen and Joe Aribo have also shown promises. I believe with more play time and consistency, the Super Eagles will be a force to reckon with in world football.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love