The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) addressed Nigerians in what would be his last Democracy Day Speech.
- Buhari emphasised that this is his last Democracy Day Speech as he leaves office on May 29th, 2023.
- He said that party primaries were peaceful and witnessed increased participation of women and youths.
- Buhari urged candidates to run issue-focused campaigns and treat opponents with dignity.
- Government is working hard to address insecurity and ensure 2023 elections are safe and secure for all Nigerians.
- Government is doing all it can to secure the release of terror and kidnap victims.
- The security structures have been reformed. While cybersecurity and surveillance systems have been upgraded to strengthen Nigeria’s security.
- Buhari promises a free and fair electoral process.
Via Punch News.