Popular socialite, Kayode Badru has been confirmed dead after an accidental fire incident in a Celestial Church of Christ in Lagos.
According to reports, the incident happened during a prayer session after his Pastor sprayed perfume on him while he held a lot of candles and also knelt amid seven other lit candles.
CelestialNewsOnline also confirmed the incident via a statement;
“He (Kayode Badru) was holding a candle then the prophet of the church, Felix Alebiosu, sprayed perfume on his body from his head to toe. Within a few minutes, his body caught fire. He suffered severe burns and was rushed to a hospital in Gbagada, Lagos. He died hours later.
Kayode Badru recently returned to Lagos from Dubai to celebrate with 40 students who recently graduated from school via his scholarship scheme.
It was also gathered that the Pastor, Alex Alebiosu who conducted the prayer session ran away after the incident but he was later arrested alongside two out of the seven elders who were present during the prayer session.