Newborn baby suffers severe burns from fire outbreak caused by lantern

Newborn baby suffers severe burns from fire outbreak caused by lantern

In Calabar, Cross River state a newborn baby suffered burns from a fire outbreak.

The fire outbreak was because a lantern fell just after the child’s delivery.

The mother of the child, identified as Mrs Okon Daniel went to a traditional delivery home to have her child.

She could not go to a proper hospital because of funds.

The incident happened on Saturday, November 14, 2020, there was no power supply at the time of delivery, so a lantern was used to provide light.

The lantern fell and caught fire burnt the baby as he was delivered.

Related Articles

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *