Few hours after popular microblogging app deleted President Buhari’s “genocidal” tweet in reaction to the recent violence in the Southeast of the country, the Presidency has now reacted to Twitter’s action.
Minister of information, Mr. Lai Mohammed while speaking to newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday afternoon said the mission of microblogging app in the country is suspicious.
He went on to accuse Twitter of sponsoring the EndSARS in the country last year.
Lai Mohammed also accused Twitter of double standards.
See video below
Twitter’s Mission In Nigeria Is Suspicious, Says Lai Mohammed pic.twitter.com/6hbAKsnjVM
— Channels Television (@channelstv) June 2, 2021
President Buhari had earlier put out a tweet that appears to remind criminal elements in the Southeast region of the civil war which led to the death of over 1 million civilians.
Government institutions including the police, its officers, infrastructures as well as offices of the Independent Electoral Commission have been attacked in the past few months in the region.
The attacks have not only led to the destruction of properties but also the loss of lives – police officers and other security agents.