President Muhammadu Buhari as appointed Usman Alkali Baba as the acting Inspector General of Police.
Usman Alkali Baba’s appointment comes after the three months extension of his predecessor’s, Muhammed Adamu tenure.
Before his appointment, Usman Alkali Baba served as one of the DIGs of the force.
Here are some things you should know about him;
- Alkali Baba was born in Giedam, Yobe State on 1st of March 1963
- He bagged a BA (ED) in Political Science from Bayero University, Kano, in 1985
- He has a Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Maiduguri, in 1997
- He’s a fellow of the National Defence College and a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police
- The Yobe born Police Officer has held several strategic positions in the past including Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone-5 Benin, Zone-4 Makurdi, Zone-7 Abuja, Commissioner of Police FCT, and Delta Commands.
- He has also held the position of the Force Secretary
Subject to the confirmation of the Nigerian Senate, Usman Alkali Baba should be the 21st Inspector General of Police in the history of Nigeria.