At last, Super Eagles interim coach, Austin Eguavoen has released his final 28-man list for the 33rd edition of the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
Of the 28-man list, only one home-based player made the list – Enyimba FC goalkeeper, John Noble.
Victor Osimhen, who has been one of the major doubts for the competition considering his recent return from injury was named on the list.
The Napoli forward had earlier in the week declared himself fit for the competition and he indicated his willingness to play if he is selected by the coach.
Odion Ighalo who recently returned to the team out of retirement also made the list as well as former under-20 international, Kelechi Nwankali.
See full list below
- Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa)
- John Noble (Enyimba FC, Nigeria)
- Francis Uzoho (AC Omonia, Cyprus)
- Lyon Balogun (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland)
- Williams Troost-Ekong (Watford FC, England)
- Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes FC, Spain)
- Abdullah Shehu (AC Omonia, Cyprus)
- Chidozie Awaziem (Alanyaspor FC, Turkey)
- Ola Aina (Torino FC, Italy)
- Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal)
- Olisa Ndah (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)
- Jamilu Collins (SC Paderborn 07, Germany)
- Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City FC, England)
- Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England)
- Joe Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland)
- Kelechi Nwankali (SD Huesca FC, Spain)
- Chidera Ejuke (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
- Ahmed Musa (Faith Karagumruk FC, Turkey)
- Moses Simon (Nantes FC, France)
- Odion Ighalo (Al Shabab Riyadh FC, Saudi Arabia)
- Emmanuel Dennis (Watford FC, England)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain)
- Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin FC, Germany)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City FC, England)
- Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England)
- Sadiq Umar (Almeria FC, Spain)
All invited players except the UK-based players are expected to report to the Abuja base camp on the 29th of December while the UK-based players are expected in camp as from the 3rd of January 2022.
The Super Eagles will take on the Pharaohs of Egypt in their opening fixture on the 11th of January.