Manchester United continue to find a way away from home as they dug deep to snatch a 3-2 win at the St. Marys after going two goals down in the first half.
Jan Bednarek’s header against the run of play and James Ward-Prowse’s sublime free-kick gave the home side a two-goal lead in the first half.
However, Uruguayan striker, Edison Cavani inspired the Red Devils to their eighth consecutive away win after he came on as he second-half substitute to score a brace and also provided an assist for Bruno Fernandes.
Here are records you should know as Manchester United records their 5th win of the season;
- The Red Devils are the first side in the history of the Premier League to win four consecutive away games trailing in each of them.
- Manchester United have now won eight successive top-flight away games for the first time in their history.
- Edinson Cavani is only the second player to be directly involved in 3+ goals in a Premier League match after coming on as a substitute for Man Utd (2 goals and 1 assist), after current coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored four against Nottingham Forest in February 1999.
- Bruno Fernandes is the fourth Man Utd player to score in five consecutive away games in the Premier League after Ruud van Nistelrooy (2002 & 2003), Robin van Persie (2013) and Zlatan Ibrahimović (2017).
- Edinson Cavani is only the second player to both score and assist a goal after coming on as a substitute in an away Premier League for Manchester United, after Ruud van Nistelrooy against Charlton in September 2002.
Stats via OptaJoe