Aston Villa, in what can he only he described as a show of character, resilience and determination defeated an abysmal Arsenal side 1-0 at Villa Park to keep their hope of staying in the Premier League alive.
Trezeguet first half sublime strike from a corner kick made the difference on the might as Dean Smith’s side made the Gunners chased shadows all through the game with zero shot on target.
Here are five things to know as Fean Smith’s side recorded a famous victory over Arsenal;
- The win over Arsenal means Aston Villa moved out of the relegation zone for the first time since the 28th of February.
- Aston Villa’s goal is the 21st goal Arsenal’s 21st goal conceded via set peicethis season which amounts to 46% of the 46 goals they have conceded this season.
- Trezeguet have now scored 3 goals in three league matches as many as he managed in his 30 previous league matches.
- Arsenal have lost 10 league matches for a third season in a row for the first time since a run of seven between 1981/82 and 1987/1988
- Aston Villa’s victory tonight is their 4th league win over the year their second since Premier League restart.