Who doesn’t know him? Probably those that are not within the football fraternity. When you hear nicknames like “Obagoal” and “Weapon of Mass Destruction”, only one person answers that name, Obafemi Martins.
Obafemi Martins is a former Nigerian striker who terrorised opposition defence lines on behalf of the team between 2004 and 2015.
Obafemi Martins is known for his energetic style of play coupled with speed, trickery and precision in front of goal which made of the deadliest strikers during his time
Even though he didn’t win anything for the Super Eagles, he had a fantastic club career having played for the likes of AC Milan, Wolfsburg, Birmingham, Levante among others.
Obafemi Martins knows his onions on the pitch and off the pitch as well. He’s one of the richest Nigerian footballers with an exotic collection of cars and houses.
His net worth reported to be in the region of $35million and one can argue that a large chunk of his fortune while playing for Seatle Sounders in the United States and Shanghai Shenhua in China he earned $6.6m.
Obafemi Martins has a huge bias for expensive cars and luxury items and here are a few collections of his cars below
Obafemi Martins Cars and Mansion
- Mercedes Benz SLR Mc Laren costing $964,521 (N367, 964,761).
- The Iguana 31 Expedition yacht named after him cost over N170 million.
- Mercedes Benz G-class costing $295,000 (N112, 542, 500).
- Lamborghini Aventador costing $417, 346 (N162, 000, 000).
- Bentley Bentayga costing $300, 000 (N114, 450, 000).
- Ferrari Spider costing N110 million.
- The Mansion is worth N500m and he has two of its kind, one in the VGC area in Lagos and another in Como, Italy.
In a piece of related news, Obafemi Martins reportedly clashed with Afrobeat singer, Burna Boy at a night club yesterday but it seems the duo have since buried their respective ” hatchets” as they were seen partying together hours later.