Tottenham Hotspur take on Man Utd for the 192nd time tonight in what should be an interesting match up as Jose Mourinho faces his former employers.
Exchange of pleasantries will be definitely be in short supply but dramas, intrigues and goals are expected to be abundance as the both teams return to competitive football for the first time in over three months.
There’s quite a lot to prove for Spurs and Man Utd as the league returns as they both look to seal an European ticket before the season rounds off.
Here are some key facts to ruminate on as both teams lock horns tonight:
- Jose Mourinho as Spurs manager is winless in three matches against his former employers in the league.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions with eight wins, 29 goals and nine clean sheets
- Tottenham’s last victory against Manchester United was a 0-3 at Old Trafford in 2018.
- Tottenham are yet to win a game in six consecutive matches
- Harry Kane has only managed two goals in 11 matches against the Red Devils – his poorest against any PremierLeague team
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side have only won four of their last eighteen Premier League away matches.
- However, the Red Devils have kept four clean sheets in their last five matches in all competitions.