Mohammed Salah’s brace wasn’t enough on the night as Manchester United knocked out their eternal rival, Liverpool out of the fourth round of the 150th edition of the FA Cup.
In a match that can be described as a sharp contrast to the Premier League version at Anfield seven days ago, Manchester United and Liverpool made sure that the FA Cup edition lived up to expectations.
Fans didn’t have to beg for goals as they come effortlessly to the delight of the fans and neutrals.
Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Mohammed Salah’s goals made the tie looked destined for extra time but it the brilliance Manchester United’s super signing, Bruno Fernades to seal victory for the home side on the night.
Here are five records you should know as Manchester United progressed to the fifth round of the FA Cup;
- This is the 10th time Manchester United will be eliminating Liverpool from the FA Cup proper in the competition’s history, only Liverpool themselves (12 v Everton) have knocked a particular side out more times (including finals).
- Since Bruno Fernandes made his debut for the Red Devils in February 2020, no other player in the Premier League has scored more goals than him – 28.
- Mason Greenwood (19 years 115 days) is the youngest Man Utd player to score against Liverpool since Wayne Rooney in January 2005 (19 years 83 days).
- Mohamed Salah has scored 19 goals in all competitions this season, the joint-most of any Premier League player along with Harry Kane.
- Marcus Rashford has scored four goals in five appearances against Liverpool at Old Trafford, the most goals he has scored against any opponent at the venue.
Manchester United will next take on Westham United in the fifth round of the competition on the 10th of February.