They were as swift like a butterfly and they stinged like a bee, the Parisians were too hot to handle as they dispatched German side; Leipzig to reach their first-ever final.
A thumping header from Brazilian defender Marquinhos early in the first half, Di Maria’s cool finish just before half time and another Juan Bernat’s header in the second half secured the victory for the French Champions.
Julen Nagglesman side indeed gave it their all in the game but the more tried, the further the Parisiens took the game away from them as their impressive record breaking run in the competition came to end.
Here are five things you should know;
- PSG are the first French team since Monaco in 2004, to play in the final of the UEFA Champions League.
- The French Champions will be playing in the final for the first time in their history will look to become the second French side to win the competition since Marseille won the maiden edition of the new format of the UEFA Champions League in 1993.
- They are the fifth French side to play in the finals of the competition after Reims, Saint Etienne, Marseille and Monaco.
- Since making just debut in the competition in the 2006/2007 season, only Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi (32 each) has more assists than Di Maria -27
- PSG played 100 matches before getting to the final – throat by anyside reaching the final for the first time.