Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham, face not necessarily an insurmountable task but a difficult considering the form and squad strength of Tottenham as they visit RB Leipzig for the second leg of their round of sixteen clash in the UEFA Champions League.
Timo Werner’s penalty gives the German side a 1 nil advantage over Tottenham going into this clash as Jose Mourinho’s men look to overturn the deficit and secure a place in the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League.
Here are five reasons why Tottenham Hotspur might bid farewell to this season’s UEFA Champions League:
- Jose Mourinho’s record against German teams in Europe is quite poor; P30, W7, L10
- Tottenham’s record against German teams; P27, W13, L11
- Injuries to key players; Kane, Son, Sissoko,Bergwijn, Winks
- Leipzig are yet to lose in 12 consecutive home games
- Tottenham are winless in five games, while Leipzig have won 3 in their last six and are also unbeaten in six.
Tottenham on paper are not favourites but one will not be surprised if Jose Mourinho’s side turn the tides around and steal a famous victory in Germany. In fact, football fans live for nights like this in the Champions League.