Victor Osimhen ranks arguably as Super Eagles’ best player in Europe this season with exceptional performances in the French Ligue 1.
The former Golden Eaglets striker made a move from Sporting Charleroi in the Belgian League last summer to Lille and has since been in top form before the COVID-19 outbreak with 18 goals in 38 appearances.
Recently, the 21 year old striker earned the dividends of his form as he won the Best African Player Award in the French Ligue 1, becoming the second Nigerian to win it since Vincent Enyeama in 2014.
Having done so much in his first season, there are mounting reports that the leggy forward is being linked to Italian Serie A side, Napoli in a deal worth 60 million euros.
Here are five reasons why we think he should make the move to Napoli;
- Napoli will offer Osimhen a chance of winning laurels. One will recall that they just won the Coppa Italia where they defeated Juventus on penalties.
- His style of play suits Napoli as well the Serie A considering his tactical adaptability.
- He’s going to earn more money as Napoli is a bigger club than Lille. Reports has it that Napoli are willing to offer him between 3.5-5million euros per year.
- He has the chance to write his name in name as a Nigerian in Napoli’s history books given his goalscoring abilities.
- On the flipside, he wouldn’t have to worry on how to get Neapolitan pizza because he loves eating it.