Manchester United added more dosages to Aston Villa’s misfortunes as the Red Devils saw off a flawless victory at Villa Park to round off match day 34 of the Premier League.
Portuguese “Magnifico” Bruno Fernandes opened the floodgates of goals for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men in the 25th minute via a penalty kick before 18 year old Mason Greenwood scored his 16th goal of the season via a sublime strike few seconds before half time.
Aston Villa showed little or no fight back in the game as Manchester United called the tune having “paid the Pipers”
It was only a matter of time for the Fernandes-Pogba combination to come into fruition once again as the French man buried a shot into Pep Reina’s left corner to make it 0-3
Here are five things to know after tonight’s victory
- Bruno Fernandes is the fastest player in Premier League’s history to reach double figure in goals involvements in his first ten games. 7 goals + 6 assists
- Manchester United are the first team in Premier League’s history to win and score 3+ goals in four consecutive games. The last team that achieved such fate was Liverpool in 1987
- The Red Devils have been awarded 13 penalties out of the 79 penalties this season- the highest by any side in the competition’s history
- Manchester United are the first team in Premier League’s history to beat a team on everyday of the week with their victory against Aston Villa which is the sixth fixture to be played on all days of the week in the league’s history
- No team has amassed more points, 13 than the Red Devils since Premier League restart