Premier League football is set to return on the 17th of June next month after football authorities in England gave “Project Restart” green light according to multiple sources.
Football has been on break in England since the 13th of March as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic outbreak.
Premier League clubs have began training in groups for a while now and according to reports contact training will commence soon as well.
Here are some things to take note of as the Premier League resumes on the 17th of June :
- Manchester City Vs Arsenal and Aston Villa will be the first two fixtures.
- The rest of the matches will be played during the weekend of 19, 20 and 21st of June
- Venues for the rest of the matches have not been decided yet.
- The full fixtures, venues and time have not been decided yet.
- The Premier League are also planning towards an alternative if there is a second escalation of Coronavirus in the country.
In addition, kick off time for matches will be as follows:
Saturday 12:30, 3pm 5:30; 8pm
Sunday 12:00, 2pm 5:30pm, 8pm
Midweek matches will be scheduled as follows (all times BST):
Tuesday 6pm, 8pm
Wednesday 6pm ; 8pm
Thursday 6pm; 8pm