Manchester United continue their Europa League quest this season with a trip to Austrian side: LASK , a club they have never met before. Unfortunately, the match will be played behind closed doors due to the widespread of Corona Virus in some European cities.
The Austrian club are no push overs in this competition. In fact, they finished top in their group ahead of the likes of PSV Eindhoven and Sporting Lisbon and they are unbeaten in their last six matches in Europe.
On the flip side; Manchester United striker: Odion Ighalo is set to start tonight ahead of Anthony Martial who is out injured. Ighalo has scored 3 goals in 7 appearances for Manchester United this season and will look to add to that tally when the Red Devils take on LASK this evening.
Check out some key points about this fixture:
- This will be LASK first ever meeting with Manchester United as well as any English side in Europe.
- Manchester United are have won their last six ties with Austrian sides and have not lost to an Austrian side before.
- LASK are unbeaten in their last six matches in Europe. They have won 4 and have lost 2.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 19 matches in the Europa League with 13 victories and 1 loss. They have also won seven and drawn four of their 11 knock out stage games in this run including the 1-0 victory over Ajax in the 2016-17 final.
- No team in the competition this season has produced more different goal scorers than Manchester United (10).