Lip Oils: Benefits, Types, How to Use and a list of our Favorites!
Most beautiful ladies put a lot of work or efforts to make sure that their facial appearance is attractive and charming especially when they go to public places. One element that plays a germane role in making their lips beautiful is the lip oils.
For guys, you must have made jokes about ladies with shinny lips in your place of work, restaurant or at the cinemas. The lip oils they have on should be enough to fry plantain, isn’t it? Lol, the lip oil is not just to make them look attractive or alluring, it is also a form of therapy too.
Lip oils as the name implies is a type of oil that is applied to the lips which help in treating, moisturising, soothing and nourishing one’s skin. In as much it makes one’s lip look fluffy and beautiful, lip oil helps in taking care of one’s lip which is a delicate area of the skin.
Furthermore, Lip oils are a stylish, refined, and upgraded variety of the sweet and sticky lip glosses. Lip oils bridged the gap between lip glosses and balms.
One reason why you cannot do without a lip oil is because of the regular chill in the hair. Winter is like an enemy of the skin as it leaves it most times dehydrated. One will be doing more harm than good by applying regular balm instead of using lip oil.
What are the benefits of Lip Oils?
As we mentioned earlier, they help in treating and moisturizing one’s skin.
- Lip Oils also keep the lips soft, especially during winter. Also, lip oils are not sticky unlike lip gloss so you don’t have to worry about strands of your one million braids sticky to your lips.
- Lip Oils prevent the lips from getting arid and flaky by creating a barrier against the drying factors associated with the environment.
- Lip Oils improve the health and texture of lips from within.
- They combine the benefits of lip balm/lip butter and lip gloss in a single product.
- They also make the lip look shiny and polished.
- The colour does not fade away over time, so there is no need for touch-ups.
How to Use Lip Oils
- The first step is to exfoliate your lips mildly.
- Then apply a natural homemade lip scrub or your favourite commercial lip exfoliator. This is to help scrub off the dead skin cells off your lip surface with the help of soft clean tissue or towel.
- Lastly, apply a coat of lip oil by rolling the tube on your lips and you are good to go. Use it twice every day or anytime you need. You can also use lip oil as an overnight lip therapy.
Lip Oils Ingredients
If you feel like making a lip oil yourself, these are the essential ingredients you will need;
- 3 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 15-20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Vitamin E Oil TaA container of your choice, like an empty lip gloss or serum one
All you need to do is mix the Almond Oil and Honey first. You mix till you get your desired taste. Then add the lavender oil and stir again for short while.
Your Lip Oil is ready!
A-List of our Favorite Lip Oils
Sara Happ Lip Elixir Intensive Treatment
Then I Met You Honey Dew Lip Mask
Dior Lip Glow Oil
Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Nighttime Rescue Lip Oil-Serum
Kosas Wet Lip Oil Gloss
Nyx #Thisiseverything Lip Oil
Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil
Clarins Lip Comfort Oil
Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil
e.l.f. Cosmetics Tinted Lip Oil