Arsenal put last week’s defeat at home to Leicester City behind them as they secured maximum points at Old Trafford with a 1 nil victory over the Red Devils
After a very impressive first half, Paul Pogba gave away a penalty after the Frenchman clipped the back of Bellerin’s ankle in the box and Pierre-Emerick made no mistake as he sent David De Gea the wrong way to give Arsenal the only goal of the game in the 68th minute.
Paul Pogba was the villain on the might as he not only gave away the penalty, he also had a terrible game as he failed to have a meaningful impact in the entire duration of the game.
Manchester United home form in the league deepens as they have now lost three of their last four home games in the league this season.
Here are things to note as Arsenal records a famous victory at Old Trafford;
- Arsenal wins an away match against one of the Premier League’s big 6 for the first time in 2,114 days. They have drawn 10 matches and lost 19 within that period
- Manchester United lost at home to Arsenal for the first time since September 2006 ending their the Red Devils’ unbeaten run with 13 wins and 5 drawn games against the Gunners.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the first Arsenal player to score a penalty at Old Trafford in the Premier League, with neither of the previous two attempts being converted (Robin Van Persie in 2011 and Gilberto Silva in 2006)
- Manchester United have taken just seven points from their six Premier League games this season, their lowest tally at this stage since David Moyes’ short stint at the helm in 2013-14.
- Paul Pogba has given away 3 penalties under Ole Gunnar Solksjaer – the most by any Manchester United player under the Norwegian manager.