Chelsea take on Arsenal for the 3rd time in the FA Cup final in what promises to be a blockbuster affair between the two London clubs look to round off their respective season with the Prestigious FA Cup title.
It has been a season of contrasting fortunes for both clubs tutored by their respective ex-players as Frank Lampard’s side securing Champions League football against all odds while Mikel Arteta who took over the season after Unai Emery finished eighth – their worst league placement since the 1994-95 season.
However, both teams did quite well en route to this FA Cup final with Chelsea scoring 10 goals and conceding 2 while Arsenal conceded 2 as well but scored 9 goals in the process.
It’s a cup final and anything can happen but here’s why Chelsea need to be wary of Arsenal today;
- Arsenal are the only team yet to lose a FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium since 2000. They have win six since then defeating Chelsea twice in the process.
- Chelsea has lost their last FA Cup final meetings against Arsenal in 2002 and 2017 respectively. It ended 2-0, 2-1 respectively.
- Mike Arteta’s side have scored first in both previous FA Cup final meetings between the two sides. Goals came as early in the first twenty minutes.
- Arsenal’s recent victories against Manchester City and Liverpool show they are capable of beating any top side on their day.
- The Gunners are favourites ahead of this clash given that they are the most successful side in the FA Cup history with 13 titles.