Manchester United continued their impressive form in all competitions as they annihilated Austrian side: LASK 0-5 as they take premium control of the two legged round round of sixteen Europa League clash.
The Red Devils came into the game unbeaten against any Austrian side with six victories (now) in the last six (now seven) games. And Manchester United continue in that form with a comprehensive 5 nil victory.
Odion Ighalo opened the floodgates of goals for Manchester with a sublime goal in the 29th minute before Daniel James, who scored his first goal for Manchester United in 33 games doubled the advantage in the second half.
Juan Mata, Mason Greenwood and Andrinho Perriera also added to the score sheet as Manchester United rounded off a classic display in an empty LASK stadium.
Here are five Things to take note of as Manchester United out themselves in pole position ahead of the second leg :
- Odion Ighalo has now scored in three starts for Manchester United with a total of four goals.
- No team in the Europa League this season has more different goal scorers than Manchester United (10).
- Mason Greenwood is Manchester United’s top scorer in the competition with four goals.
- Bruno Fernandes has been involved in more Europa League goals than any other player in the competition this season, with the Portuguese Internal scoring six goals and providing four assists with Sporting Lisbon and Manchester United combined.
- Manchester United are now unbeaten in 11 games with 8 victories and 28 goals in the process.