Manchester United put up a brilliant second-half performance as they brushed Newcastle aside at the Saint James’ Park in a 4-1 victory.
It was a night of redemption for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s men after the embarrassing 6-1 defeat to Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur just before the International break.
Harry Maguire became the first person to redeem himself after his abysmal performance against Tottenham as he restored parity for the Red Devils in the first half via a brilliant header.
Bruno Fernandes was the second on the list as he scored a sublime goal to give the away side a 2-1 lead after missing his maiden penalty for the club a few minutes earlier.
Marcus Rashford and Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s goals late in the game sealed the victory for the 13-time Premier League champions.
Here are some interesting facts to take note of:
- Luke Shaw is now the fifth Manchester United player to score an own goal against Newcastle after the likes of Herning Berg, Jonny Evans, Wes Brown and Phil Jones.
- Manchester United have been awarded 17 penalties in the Premier League since the beginning of last season, five more than any other side in the competition. They have converted 12 and missed 5.
- Manchester United come back victory against Newcastle United is their 10th and it is the most by a side against a single opponent in the history of the Premier League.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the 116th different player to score for Manchester United in the Premier League in what is his 38th league appearance for the club.
- Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in 19 goals in his 18 Premier League appearances for Manchester United with 11 goals and 8 assists. And he has scored in each of his last three games.