fbpx
Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

TAMMY ABRAHAM: "My Mother Cried When I Was Abused ...

Home Forums Football Nigerians Abroad TAMMY ABRAHAM: "My Mother Cried When I Was Abused Racially After Penalty Miss"

Spread the love

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Taiwo Francis 6 days ago.

TAMMY ABRAHAM: "My Mother Cried When I Was Abused Racially After Penalty Miss"

• Taiwo Francis
    Participant

Nigerian born and England junior international player, Tammy Abraham has told the press that  his mother broke down in tears after he was the victim of vile racist abuse on social media.

The Chelsea striker missed a penalty as his side fell to a shoot-out loss to Liverpool in the Super Cup Final this summer.

After the game Abraham was sent disgusting messages on Twitter, with some calling him a “n*****” and sending him photos of the Ku Klux Klan.

It led to the anti-racism organisation Kick It Out sending out a statement of support to the 21-year-old and issuing  a “call to action” for Twitter to tackle the problem.

And while Tammy insisted that it “didn’t affect him as much”, he has revealed it proved too much for his mum to handle.

Speaking to the media, the England striker said: “I remember speaking to my mum, she was emotional.

“She was in tears. She was just thinking ‘Why him? Why him?’ It’s obviously not nice, seeing your son getting abused.

“For me I’m always a strong character. It doesn’t affect me as much. But it could affect people who don’t have my personality.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love